Sunday 18 November 2012

For Him


I fear thy love, thy touch, O gallant Knight,
Memories totter forth, they cloud my sight
What if the lamp of passion and warmth shatters
And the splendor of a million stars is lost forever
What if thy heart no longer yearns or remembers
And leaves my soul alone and naked to frost  


The sweet solemn spell of thy celestial presence

Beckons my heart from the deep, dark wilderness
Where mouldering flowers stir in thy luminescence
And bitumen lakes glisten with silent reverence
It overwhelms me, my Knight, this love, its essence,
Its rapture and the soul dissolving existence 


Tell me, O Spirit of Love, this isn't a dream of thee

Beloved as thou art, it mustn’t die upon my heart
Many a dream came, withered and got lost in me
Yet I stand bare, basked in the autumn serenity.
Make my soul thine, O gallant Knight
If thou shalt promise to hold it for an eternity.

7 comments:

  1. its beautiful..the doubt..the anxiousness yet at the same time the promise of a true eternal love..its so well expressed..reading your poetry makes me go back to my favorite classroom..travel to a distant world..where one can dream! keep writing..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dream which I sincerely wish should come true... A love beyond fear and doubt, all consuming and eternal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the kind words, Anonymous Reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully expressed dear, written straight from the depths of your heart.. I wish you find your knight soon who may love you truly and deeply... God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Rebel... I wish the same for you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Great to read poems blended with ancient English words. Marks: 10/10 :P

    ReplyDelete