Tuesday 25 April 2023

Mulling, yet again!

A couple of days back, I was asked if I sought a partner. I gave a vague answer because it's been ages since I thought about it at all. Two years back, the answer would have been a resounding yes. Not today though. I grew up with a dream to share myself with a like-minded individual who would understand me, support my dreams and be there unconditionally by my side. And vice versa. It never happened. Perhaps, I was too quirky for everyone. Men get smitten with my eccentricity; eventually it begins intimidating them. They then try changing me. Trust me, I have tried to help them in that quest too but you cannot draw a whole ocean into a 2 mL syringe, right? We would fail in the exercise and part ways. I got exhausted. Then came self-acceptance and self-love. And I stopped needing people exclusively. What would an additional person contribute to? I have everything I need including my nine hours of sleep, a happy heart and a calm mind. If we try looking for more, there is no end to it. I know some people, who even if I don't stay in touch with on a daily basis will drop everything and be by my side when needed. I would do the same for them. My space is absolutely sacred. I'm not sure if there is an individual who can treat me as good as I treat myself; getting treated better is way too far-fetched. I cannot go through more of emotional trauma as healing from it wastes a lot of tears and time. This is a state of equilibrium. It's going to take a lot for anyone to touch it. I have a plan for myself till the end of life and that doesn't involve a partner for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment