Wednesday 2 October 2019

Soliloquy

'It is all in the mind'... I keep saying that to almost everyone I talk to. The ones close to me know that it will pop up anytime after 30 minutes of the conversation. Unfortunately,  the conversations these days don't stretch for so long.  Thanks to technology.
But then, I do not try conversing with everyone I meet or I know. It feels blasphemous when the conversation is hovering around mundane things. I do not want to know if your son drew a superhero or your daughter sang a song. I'd like to know those things from them. Ask them to talk and not be preoccupied with the phone. I don't want to know what brand of clothes you wear. It doesn't interest me. Tell me about things you did for yourself and why certain things made you happy or sad.  Tell me about your ideas and tell me about something new that you learnt or you tried. Finally, ask me how am I doing. That's how conversations used to be in the pre- mobile phone era.
Digressed much? I do that often. The mind's a clutter today. I need to organize it, calm it down and feed it nutritious thoughts to ponder on.
It was a holiday. I watched an old movie. The movie which I had once liked very much seemed distressing today. A lot of things were wrongly depicted! Let me not go into them. I will sink into sadness once again. I feel the entertainment industry has always focused upon unecessary things. It has its own brand of morality which I find utterly disgusting.
The whole of the Indian society is like that. Extremely regressive, filled till the brim with hypocrisy.
Enough procrastinating and mulling over things! It's time to wind up. Do some Reiki healing on myself.
I need to shut the noise inside and sit in a state of bliss. The human mind when calm or otherwise is capable of massive things. Thoughts and intentions can heal as well as kill. And healing is always better than killing!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment