Saturday 5 October 2019

About that...

The biological clock is ticking, I know. It may sound arrogant but I know it better than anyone else. Reproduction is yet to have a purpose for me. We talk about climate change, intolerance among humans due to the differences; we talk about pollution and the lack of resources. What can more humans do other than making it all worse? Can't we make do with the numbers we already have? Well, those are my thoughts on child bearing. I have absolutely no problem with the people who do have babies. Their lives, their choices. The way I have uncountable reasons for not having a child, they too would be having many reasons to have one. I've just got one thing to tell the 'well meaning', 'concerned' people around, I am NOT answerable to anyone.
The day I am sure that I can properly raise a child, there are many children who are in need of a home. My heart and home will be open to them. If that doesn't happen, I will not have anything to regret. I shall not follow the herd.

No comments:

Post a Comment